Here are a few things to keep in mind to maintain a fashionable look if you’re a woman over 50.
- Clothes For Women Over 50
- A Little Black Dress
- Adrianna Papell Beaded Mesh Cocktail Dress Navy Black
- Adrianna Papell Pearl Sleeve Crepe Cocktail Dress
- Bardot Morgan Lace Black Dress
- Black Cocktail Dress Strapless
- Dark Mid-Rise Jeans
- Fitted Pants
- Pencil Skirts
- Layering with Cardigans and Scarves
- Trendy Color-lump Patchwork Long Cardigan
- Candy Striped Cardigan
- Tank Tops
- Black Leather Jackets
- Blakely Leather Bucket Bag
- Fashion Long Sleeves Cardigan
- Ankle length pants and striped sweaters
- Prints and colors
- Bohemian Dressing and beach fashion
- Beach Fashion
- One-Piece Textured Binding Nautical Swimsuit
- Belted Leopard Print One-Piece Bathing Suit
- Smock Dress Cover-Up (White) Women’s Swimwear
- Skull Lace Rashguard (White) Women’s Swimwear
- One-Piece Patchwork Animal Print (Patchwork Animalier) Women’s Swimsuits One Piece
- Handkerchief Reverse Tankini (Fern/Black) Women’s Swimwear
- Suede ankle boots
- Over-the-knee boots
- Dress pumps
- Slip-on sneakers
- Boat shoes
- Arizona sandals
Clothes For Women Over 50
- Get the right fit. This is a universal style tip. Everyone looks amazing in clothes that properly fit them, regardless of your size, weight or height. In case you order clothes your size, but they don’t fit right in some areas, you need to have them tailored.
- Don’t be shy; be a little whimsy. Sure, you’re not as young as you used to be. But that is no reason to be boring or overly serious about your choice of dress. A playful print, a pop of color, a subtle bow, or a statement necklace can imbue your outfit with a cheerful touch and a youthful spirit.
- Go for solid colors. When it comes to fashion options for women over 50, it’s hard to go wrong with solid colors. Give preference to flattering and timeless colors such as grey, red, camel, khaki and—of course—white and black.
- Improve your underwear game. You want to make sure that your bra is the right size, and don’t be shy about donning shapewear. Spanx also
- Less sexy; more sensual. To achieve an age-appropriate alluring look, go for sensual fabrics and stimulating colors. Sensual colors such as emerald green, violet and burgundy add a dash of intrigue. Examples of fine fabrics include cashmere, lace, satin and silk.
- Go for knee-length pieces. When you’re out shopping for skirts and dresses, give preference to ones that reach your knees or extend beyond them. They infuse your outfit with elegance. Shorter skirts and dresses, pile a few more years to your apparent age.
- Remember the bags. Among the timeless accessories in women’s fashion are handbags. Regardless of your size or age, you can always rock an incredibly trendy handbag. Important to keep in mind, though, is that classically structured handbags always have a place in every fashion season or era.
- Rock some sassy footwear. Another accessory that can make or break your outfit is a pair of shoes. If you’re concerned about your comfort while donning high-fashion heels, you might want to get gel insoles for additional padding.
A Little Black Dress
Every woman, no matter their age or size, should have a little black dress. You don’t need to worry about them being appropriate.
Dark Mid-Rise Jeans
It’s hard to get it wrong with an awesome pair of dark wash jeans. Give preference to boot-cut or straight-leg options. Make sure they’re a good fit for your hips and butt. In case you need to pick jeans one size higher to accommodate your hips or thighs, you can always have a tailor adjust the waist size.
The great thing about jeans is that they always look amazing whether they’re dressed up or down. They’re also fantastic whether they’re paired with flats, booties or boots.
Breathable dark wash denims featuring an elastic waist that is gentle on your tummy are superb. Older women naturally look good in bootcut. Mom jeans still work as long as you steer clear in the older versions and give preference to brands that continue to push the envelope for women in their fifties and above.
You can’t get over leggings, and there’s no reason why you should. Pair your leggings with tops that extend below your hips. Add blazers and scarves to these outfits. Another option that works well is skinny jeans, which you can wear with satin and chambray shirts that are incredibly classy.
Learn more about Jeans for Women Over 50.
For a sleek, smart look, consider wearing tailored pants. These pants flatter your figure and give you confidence knowing that you look stylish. There’s more than one way to wear fitted pants. One popular way is pairing tailored pants with a t-shirt and jacket, or with a silky blouse.
Another universal option for women over 50 is the pencil skirt, which is also quite versatile. Find a skirt that reaches your knee. Make sure the fit is just right—not too restrictive or tight. Pair the skirt with a wedge, pump, bootie or other heeled shoe.
Layering with Cardigans and Scarves
Too many women in their fifties are under the mistaken impression that frumpy is the dress choice appropriate for their age.
On the contrary, your fifties are a fabulous age. Among the
Sophisticated and classy scarves go
a longfor anyone, including women in their fifties.
Cardigans are a favorite go-to style piece for many stylish women.
They’re an excellent option throughout the year, whether it’s for cover keeping warm during the cold season or simply for covering your arms. It’s important that the cardigan is of the right fit.
Baggy or slouchy cardigans tend to appear somewhat dowdy.
Many women over 50 might be hesitant on this one, and for good reason.
But we’re not suggesting you wear the tank top on its own. You can pull off a tank top without worrying by layering it with outerwear such as a cardigan or jacket.
In addition to smoothing out your torso area, these clothing pieces add an interesting and cute detail to your overall style. Make sure your tanks fit snugly and that they have a good length that allows them to stay tucked into your pants or skirts.
Nothing is as classically feminine and fun as wearing a dress. If you’re a woman over 50, there are a number of options that can work for you.
These include fit-and-flare dresses, sheath dresses
You can pair your sleeveless sheath dresses with a snugly fitting jacket or cardigan. Lastly, find a fit-and-flare dress that reaches your knees and gives you enough space to swing
Black Leather Jackets
Like dark wash jeans, black leather jackets are highly versatile. They’re a timeless piece that looks cool provided you do it right. However, you may have to shop around a bit before you can identify one that fits your body shape and style. The beauty of leather jackets is that once you find the perfect one, you can wear it for decades.
Turtlenecks are another popular fashion go-to for fashionista’s over fifty. Black turtlenecks always give off a swanky, sophisticated look. They’re also adaptable, and you can layer them for a night or day outfit.
Summer Dressing and Fall Fashion
Winter is always hot on the heels of cool summers. When summer arrives, take the opportunity to flaunt your ability to pull off cute outfits while the season permits.
Go for flowy dresses that reach your knees and drape around you well. Forget about bodycon. Instead, choose chiffon or cotton pants that flatter your silhouette.
The fall seasons you be about the things that excite you. Stylish boots, red jackets, pumpkin latte sauce, warm conversations and nice evening walks. All these should still be part of your lifestyle way past your fifties.
Ankle length pants and striped sweaters
Replace your ugly baggy sweaters with some striped knit ones. Similarly, throw out those loose sweats and get some ankle leg trousers. They hit that perfect sweet spot because they’re neither too tight or too loose, which makes them a stylish but casual outfit.
Prints and colors
No one has ever regretted experimenting with bright, bold colors. The trick is to don one bold color and keep everything else mellow.
The same rule applies when you’re trying out interesting florals and prints. Just take into account your body type when deciding whether to go for big or small print.
Street fashion dressing can offer some clues for what you need to switch up in your makeover.
Bohemian Dressing and beach fashion
If you’re willing to explore boho chic route, you might as well consider going all the way with bandanas, tanks and palazzos. Alternatively, you can choose to keep it modest and don a red overcoat and some classy accessories.
Your beach vacations should feature flowing tops, ruffles, sarongs, breathable pants, and one-piece dresses among other beachy outfits. Don’t overthink it.
One-Piece Textured Binding Nautical SwimsuitBuy product
Belted Leopard Print One-Piece Bathing SuitBuy product
Smock Dress Cover-Up (White) Women’s SwimwearBuy product
Skull Lace Rashguard (White) Women’s SwimwearBuy product
One-Piece Patchwork Animal Print (Patchwork Animalier) Women’s Swimsuits One PieceBuy product
Handkerchief Reverse Tankini (Fern/Black) Women’s SwimwearBuy product
Low wedge heels are perfect for a casual wear dress up. Worn together with your preferred top and a flattering pair of jeans, wedge heels are a reliable everyday shoe.
Find one with sexy ankle straps to secure them on your feet so that you don’t have to worry about wobbling nor do you need to be concerned about having suffocated feet.
Suede ankle boots
When the cold season approaches, you’ll need some reliable ankle booties. The heels on booties are small enough to allow you to be on your feet most of the day as you move to the pumpkin patch to the grocery store. Most ankle boots have elastic sides that allow you to easily slip the shoes on or off.
Among the things that make shopping for shoes fun is finding the perfect over-the-knee boots to fit your large calves and wide feet. These shoes go with any foot regardless of size and shape. They’re also pleasantly soft.
If you look around hard enough, you can find sassy pumps that feature a supportive heel with closed toe area.
Try and get dress pumps that have a delicate-looking ankle strap that will make your legs look longer and inject some intrigue to an otherwise modest business outfit.
Make sure they have a well-cushioned interior so that your knees don’t suffer too much strain.
Wearing a pair of high-heeled pumps when you’re over 50 attests to your confidence.
Identifying the ideal pair of sneakers need not be daunting. A simple pair of sneakers with a solid color such as white is a great everyday shoe. Sneakers have long been a darling style piece no matter a person’s age because they can go with pretty much any outfit.
With an edgy pair of dark wash jeans and a spiffy t-shirt, you can achieve a sporty, youthful look.
You’re never too old to relish a nice boat trip, especially if it’s warm most of the year where you live. A pair of kicky boat shoes to keep your feet stable and supported.
If you had to pick a pair of comfortable but elegant sandals, it would be Arizona sandals. Featuring two adjustable straps in its classic silhouette, you will feel comfortable and confident in these shoes. Moreover, the sandal’s breathable cork molds make you feel like you’re walking on a pad of clouds.