Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
Neti pots can be made from plastic, glass, metal, or ceramic. People use Neti pots to clean their nasal cavities.
Sterilized water is used in combination with sodium chloride or salt, or a saline solution. When using the neti pot, the user tilts their head to one side with the spout placed in one nostril at a time.
Gravity takes over as the water drains out through the nasal cavity. This nasal irrigation process can be helpful for people suffering from allergy issues.
A Neti pot can be used daily as a nasal irrigation process. Sometimes allergy issues can result in sinus infections. Using the neti pot is effective in fighting off these infections as it cleans the nasal cavities.
When using the neti pot in conjunction with a natural health solution like colloidal silver spray, you can improve your immune system’s functioning.
Even after your sinus infection is gone, you can still use the neti pot each day, as well as the colloidal silver nasal spray to maintain a healthy immune system.
When your immune system is healthy, you significantly decrease the risks of getting another sinus infection or other health viruses.
You may not have wanted to use a neti pot because it can seem intimidating.
We’re taught how to hold our breath from a young age when trying to swim so we don’t get water in our noses. Now, with a neti pot, you need to pour water into your nose. It seems counterintuitive.
However, using the neti pot doesn’t involve pouring water into your nose, so it then goes down your throat, causing you to choke.
The idea is to tilt your head forward and to one side and then the other depending on which nostril you’re pouring the solution into.
You can search YouTube to find educational videos on how to use the neti pot correctly. Once you start and learn the right way to use it, and with regular usage, it will become easier to use the neti pot each day.
The best place to use the neti pot is in the bathroom, rather than in the kitchen sink. Lean over the sink with your head tilted to one side and place the pot’s spout into one nostril.
It’s essential to keep the same posture bent over the sink with your head leaning forward and tilted to one side. If you move while the spout of the neti pot is in your nostril, you run the risk of having the water solution go down your throat rather than out the other nostril.
It sounds more complicated than it is, but you can quickly get used to this process. The health benefits are definitely worth the effort in learning how to use the neti pot effectively.
While the water solution is flowing from one nostril and out through the other, you will still be able to breathe through your mouth. Don’t try to hold your breath. You don’t need to. Maintain that posture and keep breathing in through your mouth.
It is important to use purified water. The best option is to use purified or distilled water. You can boil water and wait until it cools down to a warm temperature that is safe to go through your nasal cavity without burning you.
Warm water is better.
You don’t want to use cold water. Using that can be uncomfortable, and you could catch a cold that way.
When boiling water, there are two options. You can boil a small amount of water and let it cool, then use it in the neti pot. If you don’t have the time to boil water and wait for it to cool each time you use the neti pot, there is another option.
You can boil a gallon of water. When it cools a little for safer pouring, you can pour it into a glass gallon jug better than storing it in plastic and keeping it at room temperature. If needed, you can then pour a small amount of that stored water and heat it in a pan for 5-20 seconds each time you use the neti pot, so it is slightly warmer.
This is according to personal preferences.
The best option is to purchase a saline solution from a health food store to add to the neti pot’s water. You can use crushed sea salt, which will quickly dissolve in the water.
Don’t use too much saline solution or sea salt. The recommended amount is a few drops of saline solution or a pinch of sea salt.
The neti pot does not have to scary.
It is simple to use if you take the time to learn the proper techniques. Don’t be afraid to mess up a few times when starting out. That’s going to happen. Don’t let that stop you from using it.
You can improve your immune system health when using the neti pot.
- 6 Ways You Probably Don’t Realize Whiskey Helps Your HealthThere is something about whiskey that not many people know about; however, there are real health benefits to a whiskey habit as long as you drink it in moderation.
- Benefits of a Neti Pot and How It WorksNeti pots can be made from plastic, glass, metal, or ceramic. People use Neti pots to clean their nasal cavities.
- 15 Natural Remedies for Lowering Blood PressureThere are natural remedies for lowering blood pressure and reversing hypertension. If you’ve ever wondered why high blood pressure (hypertension) is called “the silent killer,” consider this:
- How to Heal Plantar Fasciitis Causing Heel PainLori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well. Have you been having pain at the bottom of your foot? This may be an indicator of Plantar Fasciitis. Here’s a guide on how to heal plantar fascitis that could […]
- Tips for Recovery at Home after Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate ReconstructionAfter being diagnosed with breast cancer, and choosing bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction as your first course of action, many thoughts will race through your mind as you prepare for surgery and aftercare. The following tips come from women who have undergone what you are about to experience. These tips will help you prepare for your recovery at home.